Saturday, August 11, 2007

LIFE IS A SERIES OF LITTLE TRIPS

For those of you curious about American Medical Care. I have raised some concern about my health but don't worry about all these test. I am paying for some Dr's early retirement. If you know what a stinger is (football players will), that is what my hand feels like (PINS AND NEEDLES). Like when your foot falls asleep. But when you walk into the Emergency Room, they assume the worse, and if your insured, "due to reasons of litigation avoidance", they are going to give you tests, lots of tests. So I have had Chest Xrays, CAT Scans, Blood Test, EKGs (Numerous) and I have pills that will do everything except grow hair...or maybe they do!! So the Doctors do not want to be sued for not giving me the proper care, so I get the Friday night special..Did they fix my hand? NO! but they made sure I didn't die of anything else. They didn't even suggest that I might have pinched a nerve but that is what I told them I thought it was in the beginning. Nurse Krachet might have had a little to do with it but not much..if she had I would have gotten an enema or worse. I just consider this one helluva check up. At least my health insurance covers most of the cost. Emergency Room about $700.00 to $1000...All those test should be $thousands$, getting to upset Nurse Krachet...PRICELESS!!! Now I'm complaining about TOO MUCH care. In Texas you can die on the Emergency Room floor and they will ignore you, walk around you as you scream in pain, and have the janitor mop around you. The sad thing is I'm not kidding about that...it recently happened. So please understand I'm on the far side of the medical care in America. I have three hospitals to choose from or more if I want. I am not going to a clinic or public health nurse. I am not forced to go to an emergency room for a cold because I can't afford medical insurance. Here you get the medical care you can afford...We have the best and the worst medical care in the world, I'm sorry to say. I have received the best and they still get me upset. I do feel we need a better system. What care I received was over the top for some minor thing I probably did to myself somehow, whereas other people who have sick kids can't afford to get that kind of care..they have to self medicate or go to a public health care provider. Substandard care is what they will get. We have an unbalanced system..Asymmetrical if you must. Good and bad to down right evil. So in my perfect world it would be better. If you need it, it should be available, but not for fear of some ambulance chasing lawyer. And juries that give away unwarranted multi-million dollar punitive awards should be forced to get an rectal exam. Bottom line..I'm fine, butt the system does need to be fixed though. AND WE NEED TO BE EDUCATED so we can fix it...Use it but don't abuse it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter