Friday, November 28, 2008

MEDICAL UPDATE ON MO

  Some of you know and some of you don't. Mo had a medical setback on Tuesday that we think started on Monday. At first we thought she had a Stroke. Tara took her to the Emergency Room at the local Hospital. Tim joined her and he called me. I was 75 miles away but arrived shortly thereafter. Mo told Tim to tell me to take my time because all the doctors were very cute...George Clooney cute to be exact. By the time I arrived she was talking to doctor number 4. I quickly assessed the situation and checked her out of the hospital (with docs consent). She was checked out because she would get more (better) attention at home than staying in the hospital for an unknown period of time. By having her with us, we could get faster medical procedures done through private practices. So she had a CT scan at hospital and MRI done Wednesday morning at the Nuerologist Office and they said her brain was fine. She did not have a STROKE and no footprint of a stroke was evident. We talked about Bell's Palsy, TIA or Diabetic causes. It appears that her diabetes may have been the culprit this time. It was a wake up call for all of us. We will continue to monitor and follow up with medical care as required. She rested the rest of Wednesday and got to spend Thanksgiving at home with the family rather than eating hospital food. She is at home now and doing fine. She is tired but doing fine. To those of you who called the house and I did not appear talkative please forgive me but I had very little sleep until Thursday. If I don't let you chat with MO it is because she still needs rest. I will keep you informed..You know she isn't at 100% when She is not shopping on Black Friday...
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope Mo is much recovered by now and that you both got to enjoy your Thanksgiving. My bro-in-law has diabetes and it can be scary what happens sometimes.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger MYSTIC said...

Mo says thanks for the kind words Aggie, and you can come visit her anytime. She says you seem very nice. I would suggest that if you have any good looking doctor friends to bring them along, she seems smitten with them. I think it is the drugs...(asprin) affecting her brain.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

Tell Mo it's not the drugs ... I rather tend to listen more readily to the hotsie totsie docs too!

But on a far more serious and concerned note ... well, an email will follow.

Miss you. Your pictures are grand, as they ever were!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter