Friday, September 28, 2007

Dr Frankenstein I presume

  Went to the Dr's office the other day for a checkup. She had to run test on the nerve damage to my left arm. Yes I have damage but my right arm is worse than my left but I can't feel that yet. What they don't tell you, when they sign you up for this little trip, is that they will be sticking a electric probe in your arm, and sending shocks down the nerve. I lost track of how many pokes, jabs, shocks, this seemingly nice woman sent down my arms...yes arms! From the shoulders to the elbows, down the arms to the hands. every nerve that woman could find, she shocked. They try to explain that they can't get a good reading so out comes the needles. Place that through the muscle to the nerve, then shock. Brings a tear to a grown man's eyes. I thought woman were suppose to be soft and kind. This woman was as sweet and sadistic as an axe murderer. When someone tells you that you have a high pain tolerance...RUN! So it is off to visit a surgeon now, for another consult. REMEMBER, when people told you "not" to do something, because you will regret it when you get older...I think I have arrived! I have damage from the wrist to the elbow and the elbow to the shoulder in my left arm, and damage to the right arm also. So all those years of abuse are getting their just desserts now...payback time! If the Drs keep cutting on me, I'm going to look like a guy who showed up at a knife fight with a rolled up newspaper. I did learn a lot about the damage I've done and I didn't know about my right arm, so I have that to look forward too also. It's time to let this puppy heal. Will a native girl rubbing in coconut oil help or just a pitcher of good frozen Margaritas on some luscious tropical island? I'll take both! It's my dream isn't it?
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger typist85 said...

Ouch, ouch...you make me having carpal tunnel sound like a walk in the park. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youch!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

I'm so sorry you're having difficulty with your arms. I may be having sympathy pains though... I just told my doctor the other day that I've stopped two meds because ever since I went on them both, I've had muscle soreness in my arms that is near crippling.
Wouldn't it be nice if they could come up with one drug ... JUST ONE ... that wouldn't do lots of 'other' damage while helping with one issue. Ugh.
Best of luck to you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter