Friday, March 31, 2006

EMPTY NEST SYNDROME STRIKES AGAIN

As parents, we all laugh about the day the last chick leaves the nest. Tomorrow is that day. So why don't I feel like laughing? Dan is moving to South Carolina to start his new job and begin his new life. He picks up his check, packs his car and he is out of here. I have been through this before with the others but it always causes pain, fear and a wee bit of trepidation when they strike out on their own. It is a day of mixed emotions......
Single, 24 year olds, mechanical engineer.......on his own...
If it was me, I would be doing the happy dance...but I'm his dad, so I get to sit back and ponder life's unfolding one more time... Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

I had my children later in life, began at 28. My oldest is 16 and I sooooo rue the day when it will be her turn to fly! But alas, it will come and when it does, I will wish her well, and smile...
until I get home.

Remember that you have friends all over the place, and I hope that I can be counted as a new one!

PCM

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger MYSTIC said...

You are more than welcome to that small select few....The Remnant. Small groups are more fun anyway..

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

My daughter is flying to Savannah GA in two months. She almost 20 and this is her first real 'trip' away from the nest without mama-bird. She's flying to meet a college friend who is driving them both back home ... but they're making a vacation out of it to take in all the sights. Already I'm anxious and wishing I had taken up 'alcohol' as a hobby years ago.
I can't even imagine how I'll feel when she's ready to make a home of her own.

Did you say single? How does someone so bright and so handsome remain single at 24? Amazing.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger MYSTIC said...

He concentrated on his studies, getting through Engineering was not an easy course load. He will have time for fun now....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter